Security, storage and systems management solutions
Symantec was founded in 1982 by visionary computer scientists. The company has evolved to become one of the world's largest software companies with more than 17,500 employees in more than 40 countries.
Symantec provide security, storage and systems management solutions to help all customers - from consumers and small businesses to the largest global organisations - to secure and manage their information-driven world against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently than any other company.
Symantec's unique focus is to eliminate risks to information, technology and processes independent of the device, platform, interaction or location.
Symantec's strategy of open innovation focuses on delivering the best solutions to its customers - whether those solutions come as a result of building them internally, developing them with technology partners or acquiring them outright.
A comprehensive set of solutions cover the following areas:
- Security Management - Manage and secure infrastructure, information and interactions against a growing array of increasingly sophisticated threats.
- Infrastructure Operations - Standardise, automate and consolidate infrastructure operations to reduce complexity and costs, and improve efficiency.
- Information Risk and Compliance - Ensure compliance with external regulations and internal policies for securing and managing information.
- Storage - Optimise the way information is managed throughout its lifecycle and drive maximum value from your information assets.
- Business Continuity - Define, implement and manage solutions to protect against the effects of planned and unplanned downtime.