We’re all enjoying the benefits of digital transformation, with artificial intelligence and data analytics moving into the mainstream and previously inanimate objects being connected and “smart”. As consumers we are now coming to expect the personalised, self-service or automatic nature of everything from banking to utilities and supermarket shopping. To keep pace with this digital revolution, businesses now need to modernise their data centres and utilise the flexibility and scale of the cloud, develop mobile strategies, incorporate social media into their everyday businesses and consider data analytics, IoT and artificial intelligence as viable, useful technologies.
However, these transformational technologies increase both the complexity of the IT environment and the number of entry points into the corporate network, which means a considerable increase in the risk of cyberattack.
In Symantec’s 2019 Internet Security Threat Report it highlights some frightening statistics on cybercrime, citing 1 in 10 URLs being malicious, web attacks up by 56% and a huge increase in formjacking, where customer data entered into a form is being illegally read by a piece of code and diverted somewhere it shouldn’t be going. Enterprise and mobile ransomware are also on the increase and supply chain attacks have skyrocketed. Malicious emails and malicious powershell scripts are also more prevalent.
With so many threats coming from every angle, our customers are increasingly looking for expert support and advice and we are delighted to announce that we have joined forces with the innovative cybersecurity experts, CyberQ Group, to offer a set of complementary technology services. CyberQ Group is an award-winning Cyber innovator and successful cyber security specialist, which uses artificial intelligence and automation to provide leading edge solutions including;
- Continuous breach detection to provide real time threat intelligence and monitoring. Our Continuous Breach Detection Service (CBDS) dashboard provides clear metrics on and a heat map and displays alerts when an incident happens or if accounts are hacked and details the results of searches for customer data leakages on the internet.
- Penetration testing helps customers identify weak spots or vulnerabilities in their infrastructure and gives customers all the information they need to close gaps in their security.
- Security Operation Centre as a service (SOCaaS) is our 24/7/265 managed security service which identifies and neutralises cyber threats using specialist cyber professionals and a comprehensive network monitoring platform. This managed service allows customers to quickly mobilise enterprise class monitoring and cyber consultancy services at a predictable monthly cost.
- Our Emergency Response and Readiness service gives customers access to a pool of skilled resources to deploy in the event of an emergency. The service turns an incident response plan into a proactive programme that can be deployed remotely or on-site to reduce the impact of an incident.
- Virtual Chief Information Security Officer services allow customers to benefit from C level information security advice and guidance on a part time, ass required basis. The service will use frameworks to assess and analyse documents, policies and processes, to ensure compliance with regulation and legislation. The Virtual CISO ensures there is both a risk management strategy and a breach incident response plan in place. They will also ensure awareness amongst users and update access governance controls.